If your home page has been set to Ad.turn.com without your knowledge, that means that your browser has been hijacked. Refrain from using this search engine. Instead, remove the hijacker and restore your browser’s settings.
Browser hijackers usually enter systems without the user’s knowledge. Most commonly, they are attached to free programs that are available on unreliable web pages. The hijacker is downloaded and installed along with the freeware. After being installed, the unwanted application will change your browser’s settings. ad.turn.com will be set as your default search engine and home page. The hijacker is compatible with all three major browsers, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
Once this is done, ad.turn.com will manage all of your searches. Keep in mind that the search results provided by this search engine are in no way reliable. Many of the results that it shows are totally unrelated to your search query. The search engine can also suddenly redirect you to unknown websites. Some of them could be compromised or malicious. This means that, when you visit them, your computer will be infected with various kinds of viruses. All of them will have the goal of stealing your sensitive information and delivering it to cyber criminals.
You will also constantly receive numerous pop-up messages generated by the hijacker. The pop-ups will have links in them that will also lead to compromised web pages. So, refrain from clicking on any of them.
To remove the hijacker and restore your browser’s settings, follow the guide provided below. Furthermore, it will be really useful to implement a reliable security tool, such as SpyHunter, to scan your systems for any infections, and to remove them.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions, and remove all unknown add-ons.
3. Click Search Providers on the left.
4. Remove the unwanted search engine and designate another one.
5. Save changes and close window. Press Alt+X again.
6. Go to Internet Options, under the General tab, replace current home page address with your desired one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager tab.
2. You should be on the Extensions menu, and remove all unknown add-ons.. Close the tab.
3. Press Alt+T, and go to Options.
4. Under General tab, replace the current home page address with your desired one.
5. Click OK and close the menu.
6. Click the icon in the Search box at the top right corner of Firefox window.
7. Click Manage Search engines, remove the unwanted search engine and designate a new one as your default search engine.
8. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over Tools.
2. Go to Extensions and remove any unfamiliar add-ons via the trash can.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, remove the current home page address and enter your desired one. Click OK.
5. Under Search, click on Manage search engines.
6. Set any search engine as your default one, and remove the unwanted one.
7. Click Done.
8. Restart the browser.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove Ad.turn.com hijacker