AOL Toolbar adds extra add-ons o the user’s browser that make their online searches easier and more enjoyable. The toolbar is available on its official web page. Once installed, it will provide you with quick access to all of your favorite pages along with a variety of other helpful additions to the browser. This program can be easily considered as quite useful to have.
Apart from downloading it from its official website, there is another way in which AOL Toolbar can end up on your computer. That is by being bundled with other programs. Often people do not even do notice, and they find themselves surprised when they see that AOL Toolbar has been attached to their browser. When it is being installed, you will be asked whether you want your home page to be changed to Aol.com and if you want the website to manage all of your searches. But users are not usually very attentive during such installation processes and they end up being unaware of the options. This way, the toolbar will be installed along with the other program, and your browser’s settings will be changed.
AOL Toolbar will provide users with the latest news on sports, entertainment, weather forecasts, and other information. But it will also produce numerous pop-up advertisements. These will offer users various products and deals. AOL Toolbar provides a legitimate service. However, you should always be wary of pop-up messages when you are browsing the net. Sometimes the online ads may lead you to unsafe web pages. If you land on a website whose intentions are to infect your computer with spyware, malware, scamware, Trojan horses, or some other harmful infection, your whole system will be at risk. When your PC is infected by one of these viruses, all of your sensitive information will be in danger of being stolen. Once hackers have managed to steal your information, they will use it to rob you.
You should keep your system safe at all times when you are browsing the net. This can be done by installing a reliable antivirus program on your PC to protect your system from any hacker attacks. We recommend using SpyHunter. It has already proven its effectiveness when dealing with all sorts of infections. This program detect any intruders that are located on your system and remove them. It will also fend off any future attempts at infecting your PC. This way, you will be able to browse the Internet without any worries.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions, and disable AOL Toolbar.
3. On the left, click on Search Providers.
4. Select a new default search provider and remove the unwanted one.
5. Save changes and close window.
6. Press Alt+X again and go to Internet Options
7. Under the General tab, enter a new home page address instead of the current one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open the Tools menu and go to Options.
2. Click Manage Add-ons.
3. When on the Extensions menu, find AOL Toolbar and click remove next to it. Close the window.
4. You should be on the Options window again.
5. Under the General tab, find the home page address and replace the current address with a new one. Click OK.
6. Go to the Firefox search bar on the top right corner of your browser window.
7. Left-click on it and select Manage Search Engines at the very bottom.
8. Designate a search engine of your desire and remove the unwanted one.
9. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over to Tools from the menu.
2. Go to Extensions and delete AOL Toolbar by clicking on the trash can icon next to it.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, erase the current home page address and enter a new one. Click OK.
5. Under the Search section, click on Manage search engines.
6. Remove any unnecessary search engine and select your desired one as your default search provider.
7. Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove AOL Toolbar
Tags: remove AOL ToolbarBy Linda Jackson