Bonzi Buddy virus is a browser add-on developed by Bonzi Software. Its initial intention is to assist your online browsing with the help of Microsoft Agent technology. But later it became clear that this is a potentially unwanted program, and it has bee categorized as spyware. Having this add-on on your browser will result in numerous security risks as it is very likely that your PC will be infected by some malicious computer virus. Even though the tool itself is not malicious, still, it can redirect you to unknown websites some of which may be managed by hackers.
Bonzi Buddy virus can be downloaded from its website. It can also be bundled with other free programs. This way, you may not even know that you are downloading and installing the add-on until you notice it on your browser. If it has been attached to your browser, then it has already taken over it. The add-on will change your home page, and it will also set itself as your default search engine. From now on, Bonzi Buddy virus will manage all of your search engines. This will make it possible for the add-on to redirect you to unknown and potentially malicious websites. Being transferred to pages managed by hackers will result in some harmful computer virus being downloaded to your PC. If any infection manages to infiltrate your computer, it will go after your sensitive information. Once it has collected the information, the virus will deliver it to cyber criminals.
Bonzi Buddy virus is also able to record all of your online activities. If this information is somehow disclosed to third parties, it may be used to steal your money or identity. Because of these security hazards, it is recommended that you remove Bonzi Buddy virus.
Below, we have provided a guide that will show you exactly how to remove Bonzi Buddy virus and restore your browser’s settings. After you have done this, you should also check your any computer for any intruders that might have snuck onto the system. To be sure that there are no infections on your PC, scan your system with a reliable security tool such as SpyHunter. This antivirus software will perform a full system scan and remove all threats present on your computer.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to viruss and Extensions, and disable Bonzi Buddy virus.
3. On the left, click on Search Providers.
4. Select a new default search provider and remove the unwanted one.
5. Save changes and close window.
6. Press Alt+X again and go to Internet Options
7. Under the General tab, enter a new home page address instead of the current one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open the Tools menu and go to Options.
2. Click Manage Add-ons.
3. When on the Extensions menu, find Bonzi Buddy virus and click remove next to it. Close the window.
4. You should be on the Options window again.
5. Under the General tab, find the home page address and replace the current address with a new one. Click OK.
6. Go to the Firefox search bar on the top right corner of your browser window.
7. Left-click on it and select Manage Search Engines at the very bottom.
8. Designate a search engine of your desire and remove the unwanted one.
9. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over to Tools from the menu.
2. Go to Extensions and delete Bonzi Buddy virus by clicking on the trash can icon next to it.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, erase the current home page address and enter a new one. Click OK.
5. Under the Search section, click on Manage search engines.
6. Remove any unnecessary search engine and select your desired one as your default search provider.
7. Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove Bonzi Buddy virus
Tags: Bonzi Buddy malwareBy Linda Jackson