Local Moxie is a browser extension. But its is not only that as it is regarded to be a browser hijacker. This program has probably entered your computer without your knowledge as currently there is no way of downloading it from its official website. If you do notice its presence on your computer, then you must waste no time and remove it as soon as possible. This program will make your PC vulnerable to various infections, which will have serious consequences for your security.
If Local Moxie has been installed on your PC, it will change your home page and default search engine to localmoxie.com. You will not be able to use any other search engine but this one. This is not something you would want as the search results generated by this provider will not be reliable. They will have numerous sponsored links among them, which will lead to unknown third-party websites. Eventually, you are bound to end up on a page whose intentions are to infect you with a harmful virus. You probably will no even notice that this is happening, but if some virus manages to enter your system, it will steal all of your personal and financial details.
The fact that Local Moxie cannot be downloaded from its official website localmoxie.com should immediately raise your suspicions whether this browser extension is reliable. You will find a search engine on the website, but you will be unable to download the add-on. But how has it entered your system then? Well, browser hijackers are usually bundled with various free applications that can be downloaded from unreliable web pages. The hijacker will be attached to that application, and it will be installed along with it. This way, the hijacker will be installed without being noticed. Also, the changes that will be made to your browser’s settings will be made without your consent. Without a doubt, if you do not want any virus getting into your system and stealing your sensitive information, you must remove Local Moxie from your computer immediately.
To dispose of this unwanted program, use the instructions we have provided below. They will also help you restore your browser’s settings. As there is a possibility that other unwanted applications or even viruses have entered your PC using Local Moxie, you have to scan the computer with a genuine security tool like SpyHunter. It will get rid of all intruders on your system and prevent such from infiltrating your system in the future.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Open the Tools menu and go to Manage add-ons.
2. You should be on Toolbars and Extensions. Find Local Moxie and disable it.
3. Now, click Search Providers on the left side.
4. Delete the unwanted search provider and select another one as your default search engine.
5. Save changes and close window.
6. Open the Tools menu again.
7. Go to Internet Options, under the General tab, instead of the current address, enter another web page. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F. A menu should appear.
2. Go to Tools and then to Extensions. Remove Local Moxie using the trash can icon.
3. Click Settings on the left side of the window, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, replace the current home page address with another one. Click OK.
5. Find the Search header, click on Manage search engines.
6. Remove the unwanted search engine and replace it with any other one. Click Done.
7. Restart the browser.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open the Tools menu and click on Add-ons.
2. Select the Extensions menu and disable Local Moxie. Close the tab.
3. Open the Tools menu again and go to Options.
4. Under General tab, enter a new home page address instead of the current one.
5. Click OK and close the menu.
6. Go to the Search box at the top right corner of Firefox window and click on the search engine icon.
7. Click Manage Search Engines. Remove the unwanted search engine and select another one as your default one.
8. Click OK.
Removal from Windows:
1. Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
2. Open the Uninstall a Program (Add/Remove Programs) tool. Find Local Moxie and uninstall it.
3. Download SpyHunter.
4. Install the tool and perform a full system scan to locate any intruders on your computer and remove them.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove Local Moxie virus
Tags: remove Local MoxieBy Linda Jackson