Onewebsearch is a browser hijacker that is attached to your browser as soon as it has been installed. This program is usually transferred to computers via spam email attachments or by being bundled with various free programs. Once installed, it will take full control of your browser, and it will cause severe security issues for your system.
After Onewebsearch has been installed, it will make changes to the settings of your browser without asking for any permission. You will notice that the Onewebsearch has now become your default search engine. Also, the website onewebsearch.com has been set as your home page. By managing your searches, Onewebsearch is able to redirect you to unknown web pages whenever you try to look up information online. This is not only annoying, but it can also lead to serious problems for your system and security as some of the websites you are redirected to may be developed to spread infections.
The pop-up advertisements that you will start receiving are also something you should be wary about. They will present you with various offers and deals, but some of them may be misleading, and they may also transfer you to dangerous pages. If this happens, your PC will be infiltrated by malware, spyware, keyloggers, and other harmful infections. Their purpose will be to collect all of your sensitive information and deliver it to cyber criminals. This means that your personal details, credit card numbers, usernames, passwords, and other information will be at risk of being stolen.
To keep your information safe you need to avoid being sent to malicious websites. To do this, you must remove Onewebsearch from your computer. You will also have to use genuine security software to check for any intruders that might have already made their way onto your PC. Use SpyHunter as it is a reliable tool that will detect and get rid off all threats located on your computer. Follow the instructions listed below. They will show you exactly how to remove the hijacker and stop the unwanted redirects.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions, and disable Onewebsearch.
3. On the left, click on Search Providers.
4. Select a new default search provider and remove the unwanted one.
5. Save changes and close window.
6. Press Alt+X again and go to Internet Options
7. Under the General tab, enter a new home page address instead of the current one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open the Tools menu and go to Options.
2. Click Manage Add-ons.
3. When on the Extensions menu, find Onewebsearch and click remove next to it. Close the window.
4. You should be on the Options window again.
5. Under the General tab, find the home page address and replace the current address with a new one. Click OK.
6. Go to the Firefox search bar on the top right corner of your browser window.
7. Left-click on it and select Manage Search Engines at the very bottom.
8. Designate a search engine of your desire and remove the unwanted one.
9. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over to Tools from the menu.
2. Go to Extensions and delete Onewebsearch by clicking on the trash can icon next to it.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, erase the current home page address and enter a new one. Click OK.
5. Under the Search section, click on Manage search engines.
6. Remove any unnecessary search engine and select your desired one as your default search provider.
7. Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove Onewebsearch virus