Qone8.com is a website whose purpose is to act as a search engine. The website assures that it is a reliable search engine and that it provides its users with reliable search results. But this is not the case. The Qone8 search engine often forces itself onto users, rather than ask for consent first. This will happen as soon as the Qone8 add-on is attached to their browser.
When you start using this search engine you will start receiving a multitude of pop-up messages. It will also make changes to your browser’s settings. It will make Qone8.com your default search engine and home page. All of this without your knowledge or consent.
Having this browser hijacker as your search engine will lead to ceaseless redirections to websites that are in no way relative to your searches. Some of the pages may be compromised or malicious. If you are sent to a web page that is managed by hackers, then all kinds of viruses may be transferred to your computer. Their goal will be to find all sensitive information that you store on your PC, like personal details, credit card numbers, online banking accounts and passwords, etc. Then they will establish a connection with the remote cyber criminals and provide them with that information.
Do not let your information get into the wrong hands. Instead, you should completely remove Qone8 from your computer. Though the add-on is not a computer virus, its forceful nature and the risks to which it exposes your system classify it as an unwanted application. This is why you should remove it from your computer as soon as possible.
Follow the instructions below as they will show you how to remove Qone8 from your computer completely. Keep in mind, that it is best to implement an authentic malware detection and removal tool, such as SpyHunter. You can never be entirely sure whether some virus has not made its way onto you system. Use SpyHunter as it will perform a full scan of your PC and remove all found threats.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions, and remove Qone8.
3. Click Search Providers on the left.
4. Remove the unwanted search engine and select another one.
5. Save changes and close window. Press Alt+X again.
6. Go to Internet Options, under the General tab, replace current home page address with your desired one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager tab.
2. You should be on the Extensions menu, click Remove next to Qone8. Close the tab.
3. Press Alt+T, and go to Options.
4. Under General tab, replace the current home page address with your desired one.
5. Click OK and close the menu.
6. Click the icon in the Search box at the top right corner of Firefox window.
7. Click Manage Search engines, remove the unwanted search engine and select another one as your default search engine.
8. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over Tools.
2. Go to Extensions and remove Qone8 via the trash can icon.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, remove the current home page address and enter your desired one. Click OK.
5. Under Search, click on Manage search engines.
6. Set any search engine as your default one, and remove the unwanted one.
7. Click Done.
8. Restart the browser.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove Qone8.com virus