RunDLL Error Message/Background Container.dll is a message that can appear when an application by Conduit Ltd. has been installed on your PC. The full message goes as follows:
There was a problem Starting. C:\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Conduit\BackgroundContainer\BackgroundContainer.dll. The specified module could not be found.
It pops up every time you boot up your PC. You could have installed the Conduit program willingly, or it could have entered your system without your consent. Either way, it is best to remove it. If you have noticed this message popping up on your desktop, you must remove the Conduit application from your computer immediately. Conduit programs are browser extension compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. They are regarded as browser hijackers. They can be found bundled with other freeware, which means that they can enter computers without being noticed. It is also possible for users to be misled into installing it. These programs are not at all reliable or beneficial for users.
Once the browser hijacker has been installed on your computer, it will meddle with the browser’s settings. It will change your default search engine as well as the home page. Then you will start getting redirected to unknown third-party websites. You can never be sure that the websites you are redirected to can be trusted. It is possible for you to be transferred to a page with malicious intentions. There you can be asked to fill in your personal details, purchase some fake program, download bogus programs. It is even possible for viruses to be downloaded to your PC without your knowledge.
Though the mere presence of the Conduit add-on does not pose any real risk to your system, it is quite annoying, and it can lead to some infection. This is why it is necessary to remove the browser hijacker right away. To execute this task, you have to follow the removal instructions we have provided below. Also, it will be necessary to scan your computer for any viruses. You cannot do this yourself, so you will have to install a reliable antivirus program like SpyHunter. It will detect all intruders on the system and remove them completely. It will also prevent any other browser hijackers or adware to be installed in the future.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions, and remove all unwanted extensions.
3. Click Search Providers on the left.
4. Remove the unwanted search engine and select another one.
5. Save changes and close window. Press Alt+X again.
6. Go to Internet Options, under the General tab, replace current home page address with your desired one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager tab.
2. You should be on the Extensions menu; remove all unwanted add-ons. Close the tab.
3. Press Alt+T, and go to Options.
4. Under General tab, replace the current home page address with your desired one.
5. Click OK and close the menu.
6. Click the icon in the Search box at the top right corner of Firefox window.
7. Click Manage Search engines, remove the unwanted search engine and select another one as your default search engine.
8. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over Tools.
2. Go to Extensions and remove all undesired extensions.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, remove the current home page address and enter your desired one. Click OK.
5. Under Search, click on Manage search engines.
6. Set any search engine as your default one, and remove the unwanted one.
7. Click Done.
8. Restart the browser.
Removal from Windows:
1. Open the Start menu, go to Control Panel.
2. Open the Uninstall a Program tool. Uninstall all unknown or unwanted programs.
3. Download SpyHunter.
4. Install the tool and launch a full scan to detect any infections that might be residing on your PC. If any are found, SpyHunter will remove them.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove Conduit adware