Scorpion Saver is a browser hijacker that enters computers without the user’s permission. Once installed, it will be immediately attached to your browser regardless whether it is Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer that you are using. This intruder also goes by the names Ads by Scorpion Saver and Scorpion Saver Services. As it is common for hijackers, Scorpion Saver enters systems by being attached to free applications that users download from suspicious sources.
When Scorpion Saver is installed on your computer, you may experience changes to your browser. Your home page address may be modified, and your default search provider may be changed. You will also start noticing all kinds of ads appearing on the websites you are on. Banner ads, in-text ads, and pop-up ads. When you visit some popular online shopping website like ebay.com or amazon.com, you will receive a drop-down menu offering you coupons. The drop-down menu will contain coupons offering discounts for items that you are currently viewing or have recently viewed. Though the coupons may seem like something useful when you shop online, but some of the ads with offers on them may turn out to lead you to websites that have nothing to do with discounts. You may be transferred to a page that has been created by cyber criminals. Such websites will try to download some virus onto your PC or to try to trick you into sharing your personal information. Some may even try to trick you into purchasing bogus software that is totally useless.
Scorpion Saver virus is able to record all of your browsing history and access all information you input on various websites such as personal details, usernames, passwords, etc. Then this information can be disclosed to unknown third parties. It can also open new tabs on your browser and send you to unknown websites.
You should beware of applications that are available on anywhere but their official source. Otherwise, you will probably unwittingly install some additional application whose intentions are unclear. There is no doubt that Scorpion Saver should be removed from the system as soon as possible. Below you will find instructions that will help you do that. It is also important to scan your computer for any viruses that may be trying stealing your sensitive information or performing some other malicious activities. This should be done by using genuine security software. We recommend using SpyHunter. It will detect and remove all infections while making sure that no other viruses are able to infiltrate the system.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Open the Tools menu and go to Manage add-ons.
2. You should be on Toolbars and Extensions. Find Scorpion Saver and disable it.
3. Now, click Search Providers on the left side.
4. Delete the unwanted search provider and select another one as your default search engine.
5. Save changes and close window.
6. Open the Tools menu again.
7. Go to Internet Options, under the General tab, instead of the current address, enter another web page. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F. A menu should appear.
2. Go to Tools and then to Extensions. Remove Scorpion Saver using the trash can icon.
3. Click Settings on the left side of the window, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, replace the current home page address with another one. Click OK.
5. Find the Search header, click on Manage search engines.
6. Remove the unwanted search engine and replace it with any other one. Click Done.
7. Restart the browser.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open the Tools menu and click on Add-ons.
2. Select the Extensions menu and disable Scorpion Saver. Close the tab.
3. Open the Tools menu again and go to Options.
4. Under General tab, enter a new home page address instead of the current one.
5. Click OK and close the menu.
6. Go to the Search box at the top right corner of Firefox window and click on the search engine icon.
7. Click Manage Search Engines. Remove the unwanted search engine and select another one as your default one.
8. Click OK.
Removal from Windows:
1. Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
2. Open the Uninstall a Program (Add/Remove Programs) tool. Find Scorpion Saver and uninstall it.
3. Download SpyHunter.
4. Install the tool and perform a full system scan to locate any intruders on your computer and remove them.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove Scorpion Saver virus