Smart Address Bar is a browser extension developed to provide users with a better and much easier online shopping experience, as well as to inform them of the latest deals and promotions. Even though you may find the add-on as helpful, it can also cause a lot of trouble.
Smart Address Bar is has been created to give users optimal search results and make their online shopping less strenuous. The toolbar is available on its official website, but it can also enter your PC by being bundled with various freeware, or it can be downloaded from third-party websites.
After being installed, the add-on will attach itself to your browser. It is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, as well as other browsers. When this happens, it will change your home page to its own website, and it will set itself as your default search engine. Now, Smart Address Bar will start to manage all of your searches. This will make it possible for the add-on to redirect you to unknown pages some of which may be harmful.
Smart Address Bar will also be responsible for the various pop-up messages you will receive while browsing the net. These should be avoided as they can redirect you to harmful web pages and get infected by computer viruses if you click on them.
You should prevent viruses from entering your system as they will target your sensitive information. Once they have found it, they will deliver it to cyber criminals, and you will have no way of stopping them from using your information for their malicious purposes.
You should have come to the conclusion that keeping Smart Address Bar on your computer is not a good idea. Instead, you should remove it from the PC as soon as possible. If you wish to do that, simply follow the guide provided below as it will show you how to successfully remove Smart Address Bar from your PC. Remember, because of the harmful websites that the toolbar has taken you, it is best to scan your PC using a reliable security tool to check for any intruders on the computer. Use SpyHunter as it will perform a full system scan and remove all infections.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions, and disable Smart Adress Bar.
3. On the left, click on Search Providers.
4. Select a new default search provider and remove the unwanted one.
5. Save changes and close window.
6. Press Alt+X again and go to Internet Options
7. Under the General tab, enter a new home page address instead of the current one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open the Tools menu and go to Options.
2. Click Manage Add-ons.
3. When on the Extensions menu, find Smart Adress Bar and click remove next to it. Close the window.
4. You should be on the Options window again.
5. Under the General tab, find the home page address and replace the current address with a new one. Click OK.
6. Go to the Firefox search bar on the top right corner of your browser window.
7. Left-click on it and select Manage Search Engines at the very bottom.
8. Designate a search engine of your desire and remove the unwanted one.
9. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over to Tools from the menu.
2. Go to Extensions and delete Smart Adress Bar by clicking on the trash can icon next to it.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, erase the current home page address and enter a new one. Click OK.
5. Under the Search section, click on Manage search engines.
6. Remove any unnecessary search engine and select your desired one as your default search provider.
7. Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove Smart Address Bar virus