Softonic-Eng Toolbar is an add-on that you may be surprised to find installed on your PC. This is probably because this application has been bundled with some free program and has been installed together with it. Regardless whether you have installed it knowingly or not, you will notice it as it will be attached to your browser as soon as it is installed. After this, it will take full control of all of your online searches. It will also produce a whole host of pop-up advertisements. Having this program on your PC will expose your system to risks of being compromised. This is why, it is best to stop using it and remove it from your PC altogether.
Conduit is behind Softonic-Eng Toolbar. You can download the toolbar from steng7.ourtoolbar.com if you wish to. But not seldom people find it on their computer even when they have not downloaded it theirselves. Even so, do not think that this application is a virus. However, once installed, it will attach itself to your browser, and it will manage your online searches.
When Softonic-Eng Toolbar manages your searches, it will show you results that are completely irrelevant to your queries. These pages will most probably lead to websites that offer you coupons, promotions, services, or some kind of product. But some of them may prove misleading. Malicious pages who contain harmful viruses may use Softonic-Eng Toolbar to spread viruses. The pop-ups that Softonic-Eng Toolbar displays are also something you should be wary about. This may also lead you to insecure websites that will infect your computer with all sorts of malicious attackers. If any viruses manage to enter your system, they could cause all sorts of mayhem. But most of all, they can steal of your sensitive information and give it to cyber criminals. Also, some of the promoted websites may try to fool you into purchasing some bogus program that will be totally useless. You must be very careful of such websites, and be vigilant towards the sources from which you download programs.
To stop the harmful redirects and pop-up advertisements, you must remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar from your computer. Below, you will find instructions on just how to do that. Once you have removed this add-on from your computer, you should also check for any intruders that might have snuck onto the system. Use a reliable security tool such as SpyHunter to scan your computer with. It will detect and remove all intruders from the system.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions, and disable Softonic-Eng Toolbar.
3. On the left, click on Search Providers.
4. Select a new default search provider and remove the unwanted one.
5. Save changes and close window.
6. Press Alt+X again and go to Internet Options
7. Under the General tab, enter a new home page address instead of the current one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open the Tools menu and go to Options.
2. Click Manage Add-ons.
3. When on the Extensions menu, find Softonic-Eng Toolbar and click remove next to it. Close the window.
4. You should be on the Options window again.
5. Under the General tab, find the home page address and replace the current address with a new one. Click OK.
6. Go to the Firefox search bar on the top right corner of your browser window.
7. Left-click on it and select Manage Search Engines at the very bottom.
8. Designate a search engine of your desire and remove the unwanted one.
9. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over to Tools from the menu.
2. Go to Extensions and delete Softonic-Eng Toolbar by clicking on the trash can icon next to it.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, erase the current home page address and enter a new one. Click OK.
5. Under the Search section, click on Manage search engines.
6. Remove any unnecessary search engine and select your desired one as your default search provider.
7. Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
Removal from Windows:
1. Open the Start menu, go to Control Panel.
2. Open the Uninstall a Program tool. Find Softonic-Eng Toolbar and uninstall it.
3. Open your browser and download SpyHunter.
4. Install the security tool.
5. Now launch a system scan to detect any intruders on your PC.
6. Remove found infections.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar