Another example of a browser hijacker is SafeSearch. This toolbar will often be installed to computers without the users noticing it. It will try to present itself as a reliable and effective search engine, but the truth is that it can lead to serious problems for your system’s security. The add-on’s activities can be the cause of sudden redirects to suspicious web pages that can lead to various computer infections.
SafeSearch usually enters computers together with freeware downloads. The toolbar will be bundled with the free software, and it will be downloaded and installed along with it. Be cautious when downloading free programs from unreliable sources as other potentially unwanted applications will probably be bundled with them.
Once SafeSearch is installed, it will be attached to your browser. It is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, among others. The toolbar will change some of your browser’s settings: your home page will be set to safesearch.net, and it will also make the SafeSearch engine your default search provider.
After that, the toolbar will start to manage all of your online searches. This will lead to sudden redirects to unknown websites. There is a chance that some of these will be either compromised or malicious. If you visit such a page, then you will immediately become a target for various infections. Spyware, keyloggers, malware, scamware, and other infections will try to enter your system.
These will be used by cyber criminals in order to acquire any sensitive information that you store on your PC. Personal details, login credentials, passwords, credit card numbers, and any other information will be at risk of being stolen. You must protect your information. Stop using SafeSearch, and remove it from your computer completely. This way you will also stop the annoying pop-up advertisements that the toolbar generates. The pop-ups contain links to various websites. Some of these websites can also be compromised or malicious, so they also can be aimed at spreading infections. Avoid clicking on any of the links in the pop-up advertisements.
Follow the guide below as it will show you how to remove SafeSearch from your computer and browser completely. You should also implement a reliable malware removal tool to see if any infections have managed to infiltrate your system. We recommend that you use SpyHunter as it can easily locate and remove all kinds of infections. It will perform a full scan of your computer and remove all intruders that it has founds. It will also safeguard your computer from any future attacks.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions, and remove SafeSearch.
3. Click Search Providers on the left.
4. Remove the unwanted search engine and select another one.
5. Save changes and close window. Press Alt+X again.
6. Go to Internet Options, under the General tab, replace current home page address with your desired one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager tab.
2. You should be on the Extensions menu, click Remove next to SafeSearch. Close the tab.
3. Press Alt+T, and go to Options.
4. Under General tab, replace the current home page address with your desired one.
5. Click OK and close the menu.
6. Click the icon in the Search box at the top right corner of Firefox window.
7. Click Manage Search engines, remove the unwanted search engine and select another one as your default search engine.
8. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over Tools.
2. Go to Extensions and remove SafeSearch via the trash can icon.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, remove the current home page address and enter your desired one. Click OK.
5. Under Search, click on Manage search engines.
6. Set any search engine as your default one, and remove the unwanted one.
7. Click Done.
8. Restart the browser.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove SafeSearch