Search.ominent.com is a search engine that will be set as the home page and default search provider on your browser when the browser extension Ominent has been installed on your PC. This toolbar is available on ominent.com. However, it is also found bundled with numerous other freeware. It has been reported to come with Tuvaro Toolbar and FunMoods programs. Ominent Toolbar is compatible with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. This search engine does not provide any particular benefit for users. The search results it produces are not the most helpful ones. As it is not useful at all, it is best to stop using it and remove the browser extension.
We further advise removing Ominent Toolbar because it is able to monitor your browsing activities. Information such as browsing history, search queries, the links you click on, as well as other data can be collected by the toolbar and sent to its developers. This is done in order for the add-on to produce ads that are relevant to your interests.
Not only will it not provide with any services that enhance your online searches, search.ominent.com will also display sponsored links among the search results it produces. These will usually be related to the keywords you have entered. However, it is possible for some of them to be about something completely different. We recommend avoiding all pages promoted by search.ominent.com as their reliability is not checked, and there is no telling to what web pages they might actually lead you to. This goes especially for the ones that do not correspond to your search queries.
You do not want to land on any pages with malicious intentions. They will use a variety of tricks in order to carry out their harmful plans. They may offer you to download some bogus program that will actually be a hazardous virus. Hackers may also transfer infections just by visiting their web pages. Avoid all messages saying that you have won some prize as they will scam you in order to get your personal information. Also, stay away from any raffles on shady web pages as these will do the same.
You should use a reputable search engine like Google, Yahoo!, or Bing. We recommend removing Ominent Toolbar and restoring your browser’s settings. Below we have provided tasks on how to perform this task. A faster and easier way of doing this is by using reliable malware detection and removal software. SpyHunter is a powerful security tool, and it will completely get rid of Ominent Toolbar from your PC without any problems. It will also guarantee that you system is completely protected from any other attempts by potentially unwanted programs or malicious viruses to penetrate it.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions, and remove Ominent Toolbar.
3. Click Search Providers on the left.
4. Remove the unwanted search engine and select another one.
5. Save changes and close window. Press Alt+X again.
6. Go to Internet Options, under the General tab, replace current home page address with your desired one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager tab.
2. You should be on the Extensions menu; click Remove next to Ominent Toolbar. Close the tab.
3. Press Alt+T, and go to Options.
4. Under General tab, replace the current home page address with your desired one.
5. Click OK and close the menu.
6. Click the icon in the Search box at the top right corner of Firefox window.
7. Click Manage Search engines, remove the unwanted search engine and select another one as your default search engine.
8. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over Tools.
2. Go to Extensions and remove Ominent Toolbar via the trash can icon.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, remove the current home page address and enter your desired one. Click OK.
5. Under Search, click on Manage search engines.
6. Set any search engine as your default one, and remove the unwanted one.
7. Click Done.
8. Restart the browser.
Removal from Windows:
1. Open the Start menu, go to Control Panel.
2. Open the Uninstall a Program tool. Find Ominent Toolbar and uninstall it.
3. Download SpyHunter.
4. Install the tool and launch a full scan to detect any infections that might be residing on your PC. If any are found, SpyHunter will remove them.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove Search.ominent.com virus