Startpage.com virus, also known as Start Page Redirect Virus, is a browser hijacker. Once it gets inside your computer, it will be able to redirect you to startpage.com or to ixquick.com, which is a sister-website. The virus is known to penetrate systems without being noticed. Because of its intrusive nature, it is recommended that you remove it from your computer as soon as impossible. Otherwise, there are some security risks that your system will be exposed to.
To infiltrate the system, the Startpage.com virus uses freeware. It will come as an optional install. However, if you choose Automatic Installation, you will not be unable to opt out of installing it. So you must be extremely vigilant when installing free applications from various web sources. After it has managed to enter the system, Startpage.com redirect virus will change your browser’s settings. Startpage.com will be set as your default search engine and home page. This will happen regardless of what type of browser you are using. If this virus has infected your PC, it is also likely that you will be unexpectedly redirected to other pages within the same domain.
Startpage.com has been designed to provide users with anonymous web searching capabilities. This goes for ixquick.com, as well. The search results they show are generated by Google. This may be beneficial to users if they wish to stay anonymous while they are doing their online searches. All that being said, you should also know that the hijacker can also produce pop-up ads, and redirect you to unknown third-party websites. The big issue with this is that the promoted websites may have ill intentions. This should worry you; especially if your system is vulnerable to attacks. Avoiding the pop-ups may not be enough to guarantee the safety of your computer as the search engine itself may send you to a malicious web page. This is why Startpage.com hijacker must be removed from the computer as soon as possible.
Follow the instructions below to get rid of Startpage.com virus. Choose the appropriate guide for your browser and follow it precisely. It will also show you how to restore your browser’s settings. You also need to be on the look out for any viruses that might have entered the system. If you do not detect and remove them, they will be able to steal your personal and financial details. Then, you can say goodbye to all of your money in your bank accounts. To avoid such consequences, you must install a reliable security tool such as SpyHunter to locate all threats and remove them. This way you may browse the web risk-free. Not only that, but it will also warn you of any other unwanted programs that try to be installed on your computer.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions, and disable all unknown add-ons.
3. On the left, click on Search Providers.
4. Select a new default search provider and remove the unwanted one.
5. Save changes and close window.
6. Press Alt+X again and go to Internet Options
7. Under the General tab, enter a new home page address instead of the current one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open the Tools menu and go to Options.
2. Click Manage Add-ons.
3. When on the Extensions menu, find all unfamiliar extensions and remove them. Close the window.
4. You should be on the Options window again.
5. Under the General tab, find the home page address and replace the current address with a new one. Click OK.
6. Go to the Firefox search bar on the top right corner of your browser window.
7. Left-click on it and select Manage Search Engines at the very bottom.
8. Designate a search engine of your desire and remove the unwanted one.
9. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over to Tools from the menu.
2. Go to Extensions and delete all unknown extension.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, erase the current home page address and enter a new one. Click OK.
5. Under the Search section, click on Manage search engines.
6. Remove any unnecessary search engine and select your desired one as your default search provider.
7. Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
Removal from Windows:
1. Open the Start menu, go to Control Panel.
2. Open the Uninstall a Program tool. Uninstall all suspicious programs.
3. Open your browser and download SpyHunter.
4. Install the security tool.
5. Now launch a system scan to detect any intruders on your PC.
6. Remove found infections.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove Startpage.com virus