XFinity Toolbar is a browser add-on that provides users with new features for their browser. It will give you shortcuts to popular websites such as Facebook and Twitter among others. It will also give you a brand new search box and a weather widget. It will also inform users of the latest news. Though the application tries to be useful, it could cause serious problems for users.
XFinity Toolbar can be downloaded from xfinity.comcast.com if you want to. But it can also be attached to various freeware. This way, the application’s installation process can often be overlooked. This is why, many people are surprised to find it installed on their computers. Once it is installed, XFinity Toolbar will immediately be attached to your browser no matter if you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or some other browser. Then, the add-on will set xfinity.comcast.com as your default search engine, and it will start to manage all of your searches. Your home page will also be set to xfinity.comcast.com.
Having xfinity.comcast.com managing your searches is not something that you want as it can unexpectedly transfer you to compromised or malicious web page. If you land on such a page, you will be infected with all sorts of viruses. Their aim will be to collect sensitive information stored on your PC and hand it to cyber criminals. This means that all of your personal details, login credentials, passwords, credit card numbers, and other information are in danger.
XFinity Toolbar also generates numerous pop-up ads that are not only really nerve-wracking, but also quite hazardous. The pop-ups contain links that could also lead you to dangerous websites. Protect your computer from harmful viruses by removing XFinity Toolbar from your computer.
To get rid of Xfinity Toolbar, follow the instructions listed below. It will also be good to scan your computer using a reliable security tool to check for any intruders. We recommend using SpyHunter as it can remove all infections from your PC as well as protect it from any future attacks.
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Open the Tools menu and go to Manage add-ons.
2. You should be on Toolbars and Extensions. Find XFinity Toolbar and disable it.
3. Now, click Search Providers on the left side.
4. Delete the unwanted search provider and select another one as your default search engine.
5. Save changes and close window.
6. Open the Tools menu again.
7. Go to Internet Options, under the General tab, instead of the current address, enter another web page. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F. A menu should appear.
2. Go to Tools and then to Extensions. Remove XFinity Toolbar using the trash can icon.
3. Click Settings on the left side of the window, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, replace the current home page address with another one. Click OK.
5. Find the Search header, click on Manage search engines.
6. Remove the unwanted search engine and replace it with any other one. Click Done.
7. Restart the browser.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open the Tools menu and click on Add-ons.
2. Select the Extensions menu and disable XFinity Toolbar. Close the tab.
3. Open the Tools menu again and go to Options.
4. Under General tab, enter a new home page address instead of the current one.
5. Click OK and close the menu.
6. Go to the Search box at the top right corner of Firefox window and click on the search engine icon.
7. Click Manage Search Engines. Remove the unwanted search engine and select another one as your default one.
8. Click OK.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove XFinity Toolbar