Yontoo virus is, as the name suggests, an unwanted program. In order to enter potential victims’ computers, this program is attached to various freeware as is installed along with the free programs. Then, it attaches itself to your browser and modifies its settings. This will make it possible for it to manage all of your searches. Although it seems like a reliable add-on, it is not. Its activities only benefit hackers as it makes it easier for their creations to infiltrate your computer.
Do not be fooled by its looks, this add-on does not provide a legitimate service. What is more, it will not even let you use any other search engine on your browser. When this add-on is installed, every time you try to find something online, you will be redirected to unknown websites. Some of these may be managed by hackers with the purpose to infect your PC.
Yontoo virus will make your whole system vulnerable to hacker attacks by opening holes in your computer’s security. This way, it grants easy passage for malware, spyware, Trojan horses, and other harmful infections to enter your system. Having this toolbar on your PC means that sooner or later viruses are bound to infect it. Then, hackers will be able acquire your personal details, usernames, passwords, bank account and other sensitive information. If they do get their hands on this data, they will use it to rob you.
Due to the risks it exposes your PC and information to, you must not hesitate and remove Yontoo from your computer right away. However, this may not be enough to guarantee your system’s safety as some virus may have already made its way inside. To remove such intruders, you must use a genuine security application. We recommend using SpyHunter as it is a reliable and effective tool that will remove all viruses that have entered your computer. Having a trustworthy antivirus program on your computer guarantees that your system and the information on it are safe.
Follow the instructions listed below to remove Yontoo from your PC:
Removal from Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions, and disable all unknown add-ons.
3. On the left, click on Search Providers.
4. Select a new default search provider and remove the unwanted one.
5. Save changes and close window.
6. Press Alt+X again and go to Internet Options
7. Under the General tab, enter a new home page address instead of the current one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open the Tools menu and go to Options.
2. Click Manage Add-ons.
3. When on the Extensions menu, remove all unfamiliar extensions. Close the window.
4. You should be on the Options window again.
5. Under the General tab, find the home page address and replace the current address with a new one. Click OK.
6. Go to the Firefox search bar on the top right corner of your browser window.
7. Left-click on it and select Manage Search Engines at the very bottom.
8. Designate a search engine of your desire and remove the unwanted one.
9. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over to Tools from the menu.
2. Go to Extensions and delete all unknown add-ons.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, erase the current home page address and enter a new one. Click OK.
5. Under the Search section, click on Manage search engines.
6. Remove any unnecessary search engine and select your desired one as your default search provider.
7. Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove Yontoo virus