ZoneAlarm Search is not a computer virus, though it is categorized as a browser hijacker. The add-on is not dangerous by itself, but it can lead to hackers infiltrating your system. This is considered to be a risk for your system’s security, and it is why you should remove it immediately if you have it installed.
You can download ZoneAlarm Search by going to zonealarm.com. Once attached to your browsers, the add-on will change your home page and default search engine to its own website. By managing your searches, ZoneAlarm Search can redirect you to numerous shady websites. If go to such websites, your computer may end up being infected by numerous viruses.
Tools such as ZoneAlarm Search do not always check the third parties they work with. So they might be disclosing your information to hackers. Cyber criminals can exploit that information in order to infect your PC with malware. There aim will be to acquire data such as personal details, credit card numbers, online banking account usernames and passwords, etc. If they manage to acquire that information, then you can be robbed, and there will not be anything you can do about it. The only right thing to do is remove ZoneAlarm Search as soon as possible.
Follow the guide we have provided for you in order to completely remove ZoneAlarm Search from your computer and browsers. If you want to be sure that no virus has infected your PC, use a reliable malware detection and removal tool such as SpyHunter. It will identify all infections on your PC and remove them.
Removal from Internet Explorer
1. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions, and remove ZoneAlarm Search.
3. Click Search Providers on the left.
4. Remove the unwanted search engine and designate another one.
5. Save changes and close window. Press Alt+X again.
6. Go to Internet Options, under the General tab, replace current home page address with your desired one. Click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager tab.
2. You should be on the Extensions menu, click Remove next to ZoneAlarm Search. Close the tab.
3. Press Alt+T, and go to Options.
4. Under General tab, replace the current home page address with your desired one.
5. Click OK and close the menu.
6. Click the icon in the Search box at the top right corner of Firefox window.
7. Click Manage Search engines, remove the unwanted search engine and designate a new one as your default search engine.
8. Click OK.
Removal from Google Chrome
1. Press Alt+F and scroll over Tools.
2. Go to Extensions and remove all ZoneAlarm Search related applications via the trash can.
3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Click Set pages, remove the current home page address and enter your desired one. Click OK.
5. Under Search, click on Manage search engines.
6. Set any search engine as your default one, and remove the unwanted one.
7. Click Done.
8. Restart the browser.
Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Open the Control Panel, then open Uninstall a Program.
3. Right-click on the unwanted application.
4. Click Uninstall.
1. Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
2. Open Add or Remove Programs.
3. Select the unwanted application and click Uninstall.
1. Press the Windows key to go to the Metro UI start screen.
2. Right-click on the screen and select All apps from the menu.
3. Open the Control Panel, then open Uninstall a Program.
4. Right-click on the unwanted program and select Uninstall.
If you want to be sure that your system is clean from all infections, download and install SpyHunter. After you run a full scan with it, it will identify and remove all threats from your PC. It will also safeguard your system from future attacks.
Download Removal ToolRun a FREE spyware scan and easily remove ZoneAlarm Search